Saturday, August 14, 2010

Patience is A Virtue

Newborn portraits take patience and a lot of time, usually 20-30 mins per pose. Not only does the photographer & the baby need to be calm and patient, but the same applies for the parents. If the mother and father of the baby are eager to get the pictures done and be on their way, you won't be able to get much. Therefore, it's a good idea to make the parents as comfortable as the newborn. It's not always as easy as it sounds. Usually, when you get 2 or so hours into a session, they start getting restless & in turn the photographer tries speeding things along just to get the shots. This is why I love taking pictures of my friend's children. They don't mind sticking around your house for a few hours, just to hang out. Of course, 4 hours in even our good friends get tired, hungry, restless, and eager to go. I can't say I don't blame them by that point. But thankfully, this past Thursday I had a lot of time to get every shot perfect for a friend's session, and I am so proud of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment